What is SEO?
Is SEO necessary for my Business website?
How much revenue can I expect from all the SEO efforts that I do for my business?
What all is important to be done, and how do I start?
If you are looking for answers to the above questions, this post is all that you need to read!
In this post, we answer all these questions and convert you from a novice at SEO to an expert with a lot of knowledge which will allow you to make informed decisions for your business.
You will be able to understand the importance of every aspect of SEO and also able to divide the efforts and resources accordingly.
Let’s start without any further ado.
What is SEO?
SEO, the short form of search engine optimisation is a combination of doing various tweaks, steps and creating optimised content to rank your website higher on competitive keywords on search engines.
All these efforts are made to increase the organic traffic to your website from Google and other search engines.
A famous quote used in the Digital Marketing world is:
One keyword can change your life!
This is true as ranking on one keyword can change the outlook of your company, and you can get more sales and business than you can handle.
There are keywords which receive millions of searches every month, most of which are buy intent searches that result in a transaction.
Why is SEO important for my business website?
Search Engine Optimization is known for giving the highest return on investment in Digital Marketing. With the right strategy and rankings, you can turn your website into an automatic sales machine.
Some of the top reasons for focusing on Search Engine Optimization are:
- Get on top of buy intent keywords like – Buy shoes, best graphic design services, best hotels near me and others
- You can increase traffic to your blog which portrays you as a thought leader in your Industry
- Incomparable branding as millions of people discover your Business
- You can run ads on your website to earn additional revenues
- Get qualified leads daily without any investment after you have ranked for a keyword once
- You will directly get to see an increase in sales with SEO traffic
- And many other benefits
As you can see, there are hundreds of benefits of Search Engine Optimization for business. This is the reason why there is so much competition among brands for specific keywords.
Large corporations have SEO budgets spanning hundreds of thousands of dollars!
How much can small businesses make with SEO?
There is literally no limit to the amount of money you can earn with Search Engine Optimization . There are numerous websites which are raking in millions of dollars every month just because of the right SEO techniques.
The conversion value of products vary from industry to industry, and Google is usually the first step of research by most of the consumers.
Want to test this out yourself?
Go on Google right now and search for common keywords in your Industry. If you are into products, then search for “buy” keywords and if you are into services, check out “best” keywords and you will get a fair amount of ideas about the Industry leaders.
There are tools like the Google keyword planners, Ahrefs and others, which can give you the exact data in terms of numbers. But for now, just by checking the current listings will give you a fair amount of idea about the popularity of the brands and estimated potential!
How to win SEO for small businesses?
SEO is the combination of hundreds of factors put in together. If you are just starting out with SEO, you must learn the basics on your own in the beginning.
If you start out with a big agency and a big SEO plan, you could face issues like black hat SEO which agencies use to rank your website using techniques which are forbidden by Google.
Let’s discuss a basic SEO strategy for a small business, knowing about which will enable you to check what agencies offer you and also be on top of the progress!
SEO strategy for a small business should be divided into four main aspects.
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Local SEO
- Technical SEO
On-page SEO for small businesses
On-page SEO forms one of the most crucial parts of your business. More than 90% of the keywords that you check will have long-form articles and other text without optimised on-page tweaks.
Regular content posting on Google is a must. Google and other search engines do not like websites that do not post content regularly. A big part of your rankings is the domain authority which is built over time as people interact with the content that you post.
Some of the essential things are:
- Minimum of 4 articles posted every month
- Every article should target one main keyword
- Keyword density must be around 1%
- Url should contain the keyword
- Every post should have proper external and internal linking
- Must contain images with the right alt tags
- The title and meta description should have the target keyword
- The title should attract clicks and meta description should be engaging
These are some of the main things to take care of. There are many other things that you will get to know as you start posting content. If you use WordPress, we advise using the rank math plugin.
Off-page SEO for small businesses
Off-page is the part which will take the most of your time and is also the most important for growing rankings. After you post your content, off-page is what will help you to grow your rankings.
Some of the important parts which you should focus in the beginning are:
- Build profile links to your domain
- Guest posting to get meaningful links
- Web 2.0 links
- Social bookmarking and article submission
- Wikipedia links
- Social media links
- And many others
Local SEO for small businesses
Local SEO is what drives 90% of the business for large scale revenue businesses.
For any search with “near me” in the ending and related ones, Google shows local business listings. If you rank higher for these keywords, you will get more phone calls than you can handle for your business.
Follow these steps to master local SEO –
- Start by registering on Google my Business
- Include local keywords on your web pages and posts
- Get reviews from the big review websites
- Encourage your customers to review you on Google
- Make sure not to buy reviews and always be organic
- Keep your content consistent and build healthy backlinks
Technical SEO should go along with every SEO effort to make sure you are not making any big SEO mistake.
Some of the important parts are –
- Check your listings, rankings and backlinks on Google search console
- Keep up to date with Google Analytics data
- Make sure to monitor page speed for all web pages constantly
- Rectify any UX issues that you find as you grow your website
SEO is an integral part of every business and is set to grow at an exponential rate in the coming years. Having things optimised now will help you to rake in big revenues as more and more people adopt online ways of business.
Start now by implementing all the steps in this post.
Comment if you have any questions related to SEO for your business!
Contact us if you are facing issues while implementing the right SEO strategy in your business.